Sunday, July 27, 2014

Pink Blue and Yellow Pieced Quilt

I decided to finally do a square block pieced quilt. I had never done one before and wanted to try.
I used scraps from other quilts I had made. 

When I started planning it, I started with a different solid color for the back. I ended up going with a darker pink later on. Also, I was placing my blocks out in different ways, trying to decide what I liked best.

Here I was trying out placing them in diamond shape and off center from each row.
I decided I didn't like it.
 And went with the more traditional route. 
 Here it is once it was all sewn together, prior to quilting and binding: 
 It sat there over the back of my couch waiting to be quilted for almost a month while I worked on our camping trip and the painting for Cindy.

Here you can see that I had changed to the darker Pink for the back. 
I also added a linen border, which I love love love. 
And this time, I didn't add binding separately, I pulled the back fabric around the edges to bind it.

Final product after quilting and binding: 
(Wish the colors weren't so off. The colors in the above pic are actually the most accurate)

No comments: