Sunday, May 11, 2014

{Acrylic Hand Painted Landscape of Logan, Utah}


2feet X 4feet
Acrylic on canvas
North Logan and Wellsville Mountains, 2011

Pictured above is a painting I did 3 years ago for my girlfriend Darcy. We both lived in Logan at the time and loved it. Together with our husbands we finally made it a point to hike up the mountain behind their house. I took a lot of pictures while we were up there and I ended up putting a few together (3 I think) to create this painting. 

I had something else I was going to add to it and it didn't end up working out but I was really happy with it in the end. I wish I had a picture of it but just before I gave it to her, I added in the Logan Temple since it's such a major part of the town. 

So here was my quick sketch mock-up idea for what I wanted to do with the pictures I had.
Beautiful, I know....


In progress. Yes, I work on the floor most of the time. Not good for my back or neck but I enjoy it over using an easel. I like resting my elbow on the floor and using my other hand to steady my right when I do small details. 


Here's a detail photo. There were so many layers to that flower, this may be in progress....but I'm not sure. Either way, it's a pretty good shot.


Again, the finished product:


No comments: